Monthly Archives: May 2020

Bin Collections

Fortnightly garden waste collections are currently suspended but will resume again on 16 May for most houses on the Golders Green Estate. Check here for the details for your address.  Remember that garden waste will now only be collected from households who have signed up and paid for the service.  If you have already signed up you should have received a yellow sticker to place on your bin.

Blue and black bin collections continue to be made weekly.

Please follow the rules on this page if you are self-isolating or have COVID-19.

Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre is currently closed and will not be open to the public for the foreseeable future.

Problem Neighbours?

For all environmental health matters please email Please note this mail box is checked only during normal working hours, Monday to Friday and not at weekends.

If your request is urgent or regarding an on-going noise or nuisance problem, you should call 020 8359 7995 Monday to Fridays 9:00 am – 5:15 pm, or 020 8359 2000 if outside of these hours.

Clitterhouse Farm

We would like to thank the Clitterhouse Farm team and all the volunteers involved for its amazingly beautiful garden! It has been the highlight for many during our daily walks. If you have not seen it, it’s worth taking a stroll.

This garden would love some watering and weeding. If you’d be happy to help for a bit on your daily outing, please contact Patrick ( who will happily guide you on how to do this safely.

Another way to help is by donating old newspapers – the Farm team are making paper pots out these:

Memories Group

The Memories group is now having virtual meetings using Zoom every Wednesday 3.30-4.30 pm.

If you’d like to share your news and memories over an informal cup of tea please email

If you know of any neighbour that might be interested but has no online access, please ask them to ring 020 8987 8096 before the meeting so we can arrange to contact them while the meeting takes place.

Please Help Local Schoolchildren

Helen Harte, Head of Business Development, CommUNITY Barnet writes:

I am looking for your support to promote this request to enable children and young people across Barnet to access online learning. Something they have been unable to do since their schools and libraries have closed.

COVID-19 has turned life upside down and inside out for everyone, including over 50 school children who have no access to the internet. For most, this might not be a problem but for these children, the tap of learning has been turned off.

Some of our children are from families who are struggling on low incomes; some are children who are sitting assessments for exams; some are still new to this country and are learning English for the first time and falling further behind, simply because they cannot access education.

Lock down has prevented them from accessing the internet through school and the local libraries. 

With your help, we can switch their education back on by providing Pay-As-You-Go dongles to 50 children that we have been contacted about. These families live across Barnet and really need help.

Where children have no laptops we will look to source these if we can, however, we are also working with schools to loan laptops where needed to enable children and young people to complete their lessons. 

With your help, we can turn the education tap back on.

To donate, follow this link:

Help During the COVID-19 Crisis

Please note the following information regarding Barnet’s COVID19 support Helpline:

If you, a family member, friend, or close member of your community are in need of urgent help that is not medical related, then please:

  • Complete the online form on the Barnet website for help and support, or
  • Call the FREE Helpline on 0808 281 3210 (open Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)

If you need medical help you should phone NHS 111 – or for genuinely urgent medical help, 999.

If you need help with an urgent prescription, please try contacting your GP or pharmacy first.

The latest government advice can be found on the GOV.UK website.